On 11 June 1868, Julius and Elizabeth
Shreve deeded to the trustees of Buckeye Methodist Church a parcel of land directly south
of Buckeye graveyard for the church. (Deed Records Vol. 49, p. 413)
On 7 February 1882, for the sum of
$50.00, Julius and Elizabeth deeded one and one-eight acres to William A. Moore, John W.
Brown, and Levi Brown (trustees for the Buckeye burying ground) and their successors in
office. (Deed Records Vol. 89, p. 218)
Shreve family members believe Israel
gave the original land for the cemetery. He probably did as he was the original
patent owner - but we could find no record where he stipulates that he donated the land.