The earliest burial
date on a stone in Woodrow Cemetery is for Mary Ann, daughter of Hugh L. and Lucy Welch,
who died 25 July 1829 at age 10 months, 3 days.
The cornerstone from the church chapel
still remains in the cemetery and reads "Woodrow Union Church 1912". The
chapel does not survive.
The original cemetery was quit-claimed
for cemetery purposes by Ruth Dexter, David Marks Cummings, and John G. & Grace D.
Berquist on 17 October 1910. (Deed Records Vol. 164, p. 163).
The Woodrow Union Church Society
quit-claimed ground in the churchyard for cemetery purposes and also the old church
building (stipulating it be torn down) to the Woodrow Cemetery Association on 24 August
1944. (Deed Records Vol. 323, p. 407).
Edward Jennings, his wife Mary, and
his brother Arthur quit-claimed an adjoining 85 feet on the east end of the cemetery in
June 1977. (Deed Records Book S, page 182).