Electronic Delivery Option
Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society members receive a monthly
newsletter called The Monthly as one of the benefits of their
membership. The Monthly is filled with Tazewell County historical and
genealogical articles, documents, and pictures as well as information on
Society special events, monthly meetings, and projects.
The Monthly is now available for home delivery via e-mail. Members
may elect to receive their newsletter either through the postal mail service
or electronically via e-mail.
Each month, subscribers will receive an e-mail notification that the
current issue of The Monthly is available. Clicking on a link in the
e-mail will open the newsletter in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Subscribers may then
either view The Monthly online or print a copy to their local printer.
Advantages of this new electronic service include:
- More timely delivery. No more printing and/or postal service delays!
- Arrives in perfect condition (no torn corners, no staples to remove)!
- View The Monthly in color! Often, illustrations/documents are
captured in color, but our newsletter is printed in black and white only.
- Search the text of The Monthly - no
more manually scanning page
after page for your surnames!
- All email and web addresses are hyperlinks -
just click to go to the website or send an email!
- The Monthly can be saved on your computer for later reference,
- If you live at different addresses during different times of the years,
you no longer have to change your address to be sure your copy of The
Monthly arrives - as long as you can get to the Internet to read email, you'll be able to access the latest issue!
- TCGHS saves some printing and postage costs!
To receive The Monthly electronically, you must:
- First, be a member of the Society (more
- Send us a note with your name, membership number (printed under your
address on the printed version of The Monthly
cover page), and the email address where you wish to receive the
If you wish to continue receiving The Monthly by snail mail, no
further action on your part is required.