Dear Prospective New Member,
Welcome to the Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical
Society! We are happy that you are considering membership in the Society. We
currently have over 400 members located all over the world. At the bottom of this
page, you will find a link to an application
form you can use online or download and print.
Dues listed on the application ($20-23) are for a
calendar year. You will receive all 12 issues of our
monthly newsletter - no matter when you join. Dues received after October 1 will be considered next year's dues
unless otherwise requested.
When you join, you will begin receiving our newsletter, The
Monthly. Your name and address will be published as a new member along with the
surnames you are researching. We sometime compose queries from information we
receive in letters and emails, or you may write your own queries, which will be published
at no charge in The Monthly. If you prefer, you
may elect to receive The Monthly electronically
rather than through the postal system.
What can the Society do for you?
- Help with Tazewell County research
- Place your surnames and other material in our library
- Publish your queries at no charge
- Continue working on publications
- Continue collecting and indexing ancestor charts, family
histories, and other genealogical materials
- Continue adding to our library's collection
What can you do for the Society?
- Support us with your membership
- Send us materials for The Monthly that would be of
interest to our readers. Submissions should may be
emailed as a Microsoft Word attachment. If possible,
images should be a minimum of 200dpi resolution (jpeg preferred). All
submissions are subject to editing and/or serialization over multiple issues.
- Fill out and return an ancestor chart
- Send us your family history book or other information
- Attend our meetings when you are in the Tazewell County area
- the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm at 719 North Eleventh Street, Pekin,
Illinois (unless scheduled otherwise).
- If you live in the local area, get involved by
volunteering at the society.
We look forward to receiving your membership and hope to
helpful in your genealogical research.